Welcome to Headingley Chiropractic Clinic
Sciatica can be excruciating and severely compromise your quality of life by making it exceptionally uncomfortable or even impossible to do everyday activities, such as work, looking after the children and keeping fit.It often starts with a minor everyday activity such as bending down to do your shoe laces or can even start without a particular reason.
Sciatica is caused by a “trapped” sciatic nerve.This causes pain in your lower back into the buttock, back of the thigh and leg and often the foot..The nerve can be trapped by a bulging or damaged disc,”misaligned” joints,the piriformis muscle(one of the buttock muscles.
What to do if you have SCIATICA
- Keep active, but without aggravating your condition, e.g. if striding out while walking is uncomfortable then shuffle along. It is important to also limit the time you walk or shuffle to prevent aggravation.
- Use ice instead of heat, especially if the condition is acute.This applied on the lower back. Apply the ice several times a day for at least 30 minutes, but remember to put a tea towel or something similar between the ice pack and your skin to prevent frostbite.
- Avoid or limit painful activities, e.g. sitting is often painful so limit the time you sit and have regular breaks.
- If sleeping is painful then try sleeping with a pillow between your legs.
- Seek advice from a qualified Chiropractor if the pain is not getting better or gone within several days to a week
One of our GCC Chiropractors are available for free advice via email or phone. Alternatively you may want to come in for a free screening examination during which we can recommend how best to proceed based on the findings of that exam.Either phone us clinic on freephone 0800 122 3056, contact us by email on email@example.com, to avail your self of any of these free services.
Chiropractic is proven to help with back pain and as our chiropractors are all experienced and versed in Sacro Occipital Technique, they are ideally placed to help.
At Headingley Chiropractic Clinic we believe that the key to a successful treatment of back pain is identifying the aggravating factors in your lifestyle that caused the strain on your back to build up and become a pain often through a minor triggering event. Therefore, from day one we help you identify the aggravating factors and coach you to change them. We do this through one to one coaching to help reduce these factors and strengthen your back to prevent further relapses. We also hold a health care class which covers stretches, posture, exercise and lifestyle advice. You are more than welcome to join this class for free. To do this please phone freephone 0800 122 3056.